Friday, February 11, 2005

time to go home

Ok it's Friday and at 4 o'clock that means that it is almost quitting time. I started work here at the DOJ about a month ago and was very, very excited to have a job right after I graduated from law school in December. I am still excited (and somewhat nervous) - everything I am doing is new to me - but I also have to say that I already miss the life of a student. True, money coming in is nicer than money always going out, but I think I was only having to do about 5 hours of school work a week my last year of law school and was playing poker the rest of the time. So going to an office and working 40+ hours a week is actually a little harder than I thought it would be. All I can think now is thank god I didn't go after a "big firm" job. If 40 hours is tough, I just can't imagine working 80 hours a week. Ok that's it for now. I need to mentally prepare for bowling tonight.

No comments: