Thursday, March 12, 2009

Going to enter the coaching pool

So I have decided to finally do it. I am going to take applications from players who are interested in receiving my coaching.

WHO AM I?/WHY WOULD I WANT YOU AS A COACH?

My name is Adrian Dresel-Velasquez and online I go by the name chardrian. I play primarily on FullTilt and PokerStars but also play a bit on UB. I am 33 years old, married, and I am currently a full-time poker pro and I am also a coach/pro at PokerPwnage. Prior to playing poker full-time I was an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Wisconsin.

I started playing professionally in 2007 and I am a proven winner since then. I am a very low volume player but my stats are as follows:
2007 - 703 tourneys/ 425% ROI
2008 - 1167 tourneys/ 80% ROI
combined - 1870 tourneys/ 183% ROI

My biggest cash to date has been in the summer 2007 FTOPs Main Event where I got 3rd for just over $150,000. Even if you take that score out, I still have an 80% ROI over the last two years.

WHAT AM I OFFERING?

I will take on a student for two months starting in April through the end of May. I will start by reviewing some hand histories just to get a feel for your style of play. The bulk of the coaching will be through ventrilo (similar to skype) so you will need a working mic - this will allow me to watch you play and the student will watch me play as well.

WHAT AM I EXPECTING?

Really all I want is a dedicated student who is looking to improve his/her game. Obviously I am going to prefer someone who plays frequently so that we can get as many sessions in as possible over the two months.

WHAT'S My CUT?

Instead of charging an hourly rate, I am going to take a flat 10% of your MTT profits for April and May. If you don't end up profiting - I don't get paid.

HOW TO APPLY?

If you are interested, send me an e-mail at chardrian@hotmail.com and let me know why I should choose you. Your current bankroll, the games you are currently playing, and your online screen names are a good start. I will make my decision by the end of March.

No comments: