Thursday, March 10, 2005

Here kitty kitty

No poker tonight = bad thing. Get to go to Manitowoc and actually argue in front of a real judge on Monday = good thing. Silly Madisonions = funny thing. Sometimes, our local papers are actually pretty cute. This story in the Cap Times, to me, fits the bill. Maybe it is just me, but I can easily see a stereotypical, pacifist Madisonion making a death threat against someone who says kitty kitty is not so angelic after all. I love Madison, but it is a funny town in a lot of respects. I grew up here, went away for college, and came back for law school. I remember telling my wife (who had never been to Wisconsin before our move) how "diverse" and "liberal" Madison was. And then we arrived and the (semi) adult me realized that a lot of this "madtown's" reputation is a bunch of bunk. Diverse?? Coming from California and then the Peace Corps - not so much - gotta face it, Madison is purty pearly. Liberal?? Yes and no - my perception is that a lot of Madisonions are liberal in a "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" way. Don't worry, I'm not totally off of the Madison bandwagon - after all, any capital city that has establishments serving fried cheese curds can't be too bad.

No comments: