Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back in the Saddle

I've spent the last couple of days getting the house at least somewhat presentable. I have net with 3 different realtors and now will have follow-up meetings with all of them where we get into the real nitty gritty and discuss listing prices, costs, staging, etc. The market in Sacramento took one of the worst dumps in the country so I am not looking forward to this at all because it is very likely we will not only lose our entire down payment but will also have to bring a check to closing. But I am also not real keen on renting our place, having to be landlords from a distance and taking a monthly hit since we wouldn't be able to rent it for close to what our monthly mortgage payment is... and then still having to put it on the market in a couple of years with no assurances that the housing market is going to rebound significantly.

So long story short, I think we are just going to tuck our tail between our legs, take a huge financial hit, and be done with it and start over fresh in Fresno.

On the poker front, I put my first session in last night and it was the same old story. I cashed in 6 out of 20 tourneys with 2 8ths, a 14th, a 21st, a 27th, and a 33rd. So yeah I continue to get deep in lots of different tourneys and I just fail miserably at closing.

No comments: