Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Semi-Tilt Session

I played an afternoon session yesterday, and actually played really well, got semi-deep in a couple of tourneys and just flipped out a bit when I lost 4 races in a row to knock me out. I then proceeded to take a break, watch the Boise State/TCU football game and decided to play some cash after the game....

Cash went miserably. Between bluffing at the wrong times, making hero calls that blew up in my face, getting coolered, and not winning races I ended up losing close to $3k. Blech.

Thankfully, I didn't keep chasing my losses after that and just hung it up. I am going to try and keep playing cash this year because it is a skill that I feel I very well might need in the future if I am going to be able to continue playing fulltime, but I need to make sure that my mindset is right when I play it.

In better news, I sold out my WSOP BAP, so I am definitely going this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

AAPoker said...

You did play well, its the nature of cash games, especially short handed and heads up they swing like nuts. Also, the guy from yesterday was pretty good, you had a pretty good read on him but he certainly wasn't bad. So a little bit of bumhunting wouldn't hurt either :)